Village Hall Notes January 2018
The Village Hall Volunteer group put the finishing touched to the redecoration of the hall in time for the Christmas Party Season and received a lot of positive feedback from the people who attended the various Functions
Party Functions included: The Goil Ladies Night, The Pensioners Christmas Party, The Loch Goil Primary Christmas Show, The Kids Christmas Party and the Village Hall Hogmanay Party. All in all, a busy wee month.
Upgrades to the hall
- The fitting of Perspex cover which enables the stained Glass window to be displayed at all times.
- The original doors have been repaired and waxed to reveal the beauty and character of the doors which are well over a hundred years old. A big vote of thanks due to David and Marion Reid and Stuart Gray for the refurbishment.
- A very large disco ball and lights were fitted for the Hogmanay Bash and thanks go to Hammy McGuire, Andy McCunn and John Drew for their donations
- There was a very large set of decorative lights donated by the couple who married in the hall and these were deployed in the Annexe to great effect
The village Hall will host the first ever Lochgoilhead Village Hall Burns Night and Ceilidh on Saturday the 3rd Feb
There will be a full Burns Supper Menu served with traditional “ongoings” including a few Witty speeches and some Burns Poetry interspersed with music and traditional Dancing to “waggle yer Wallies” to and plenty opportunity to “Bounce oan yer Bunyins” with a bar and table service throughout the night
Tickets for this event are strictly limited to sixty and at point of writing are around one third sold out and with a price of £12:50 for 3 course meal and entertainment we anticipate demand to be very high so reserve your tickets quick quick quick
Village Hall Volunteer Group
The Village hall Volunteer Group are planning next years programme with projects under consideration and planning such as “Casino Goyale” The “Gala Day Ceilidh” The Goils Got the X factor Voice” and are looking to bring in some top tribute bands.
The Group are always on the lookout for additional members who are willing to give up their time on upcoming projects and maybe have a bit of fun promoting the hall as a social and cultural centre for the community. If you wish to get involved or have any suggestions for hall usage please contact any of the following
- Ian McInnes 07775 632880 Davey Moffat 07824 345865
- Iain Gray 07846 820968 Matt Montgomery 07771 844786
- Monday: Monday club 11-1;30
- Tuesday: Mothers n Toddlers 10-12midday
- Community council Meeting second Monday each mnth 7.30pm
- Thursday dog class 7-9pm
- Friday karate for kids 6.30 – 8.00pm