Village Hall Notes
The Village Hall Volunteer group put on a wee Sausage sizzle on Saturday 4th November on a typically wet and blustery evening while the firework display was ongoing.
The team had erected a Marquee for a bit of shelter and dispensed burgers sausages beer and wine with sweets toffee apples soft drinks tea coffee and soup to the onlookers and managed to take in a very respectable £476:80 the profits from which will go to the village hall funds.
Redecoration of the Hall
Redecoration of the Hall has been undertaken by a team of volunteers over two weekends with the resultant transformation being carried out in a lively atmosphere with a lot of hard work and a good few laughs along the way. There was a fair bit of tea drinking going on as well but a Massive Vote of thanks to all those involved
We hope to have the redecoration finished by the end of November ready to start preparations for the Festive season
- There is to be a Craft Fair on December 2nd between 11am and 3:00 pm. Please come along and see what bargains you can find.
- The Christmas Party season will soon be upon us with the following dates
- Village Xmas Party 16/12
- Monday club Xmas Party 18/12/17
- Children’s Xmas Party 24/12
- The Hogmanay Party will be run along lines of last year with doors open from eight o,clock and please note doors will closing just after nine. So don’t be late or you,ll miss the gate. We could still use a couple more volounteers to help run the evening Contact a team member for details.
The Village Hall Volunteer Group
The Village hall Volunteer Group are always on the lookout for additional members who are willing to give up their time on upcoming projects and maybe have a bit of fun promoting the hall as a social and cultural centre for the community. If you wish to get involved or have any suggestions for hall usage please contact any of the following
- Ian McInnes 07775 632880
- Davey Moffat 07824 345865
- Iain Gray 07846 820968
- Matt Montgomery 07771 844786
- Monday Monday club 11-1;30