Country Pursuits Assistant
Competitive Hourly Rate and Excellent Benefits Package
24- hour per week contract from May 2018 until November 2018
Just half an hour from Glasgow, Loch Lomond Golf Club is often described as one of the most beautiful places on earth, and its Members can enjoy golf, luxury accommodation, country pursuits and a Spa. As part of our team, you will look after a discerning Membership spanning over 30 countries world-wide and a team.
We are looking to recruit a highly motivated, enthusiastic and hard- working individual to join our Outdoor Pursuits Team as a Country Pursuits Assistant. We require a confident employee with an outgoing and friendly personality who is willing to go over and above the expectations of our Members to provide a first- class service.
It is essential that you are fit due to the physical nature of this job as you will be required to work outdoors even in inclement conditions in order to provide quality adventure activities. An understanding of fishing, cycling and walking would be an advantage but experience in Clay Pigeon shooting and a Shotgun Certificate is a must.
You will be working in a fast- paced environment as part of a team as well as being able to use your own initiative and work as an individual. We require candidates with exceptional customer service and organisational skills who can be flexible with respect to working hours especially during periods of good weather. It is essential the individual has the ability to work under pressure during the busy season and be able to demonstrate an excellent record in time keeping and attendance.
Your role will require you to look after all our members and their guests on all outdoor activities, such as hillwalking, cycling, clay pigeon shooting and fishing. These are just some of the tasks that you will be asked to carry out. You may also be asked to assist with personal fitness training, however training will be provided.
- It is essential that you are an experienced and competent driver.
- Previous experience in a similar Country Pursuits services role would be advantageous.
- Previous experience in a customer facing role is essential, please provide evidence and be specific about what role you played in the customer experience.
- It is essential that you hold a full UK driving licence, please do not apply if you are not able to drive.
- You must have an excellent standard of both written and spoken English.
- You must hold a current Shotgun Certificate.
- It is essential that you have a mature approach to work and the duties involved.
- You must be physically fit due to the demanding nature of this role.
- Good availability, please only apply if you are available to work from March to December inclusive.
- You must be able to get to the golf club on your own accord without relying on public transport due to our rural location.
- You must be happy to comply with our strict company dress and appearance policy.
- You must be an excellent communicator with the ability to adapt your style to suit your audience.
- It is essential that you are a team player with a ‘whatever it takes’ attitude.
- It is essential that you can comprehend and follow instructions.
You may be asked to start earlier than planned or come into work at short notice to fulfil business requirements as our environment is constantly changing as we strive to meet Members and their guests needs, so please consider this when deciding if you are the right person for the job.
You must have the right to live and work in the UK.
Enjoy a fabulous staff benefits package that includes uniform, meals, golf, gratuities, discounts and social club.
If you believe you can fulfil this role, please apply and attach a CV to:
Rossdhu House, Luss by Alexandria,
Dunbartonshire, G83 8NT