The Cormonachan Woodlands Association is looking for new members to support and/or volunteer to help look after these 58.9 hectare Atlantic oak and hazel community woodlands.
- Adult individual membership is £10.00 pa for local residents
- Children’s membership is free up to the age of 16
- Associate membership for visitors is £5.00 pa
- Corporate membership (local businesses) is £50.00 pa
- Life Membership £250
- See full details of membership on the application form
- The Association’s financial year runs from 1st April to 31st March.
It would helpful when you walk around the 2.5 km paths that you would try to pull up as many rhododendrons as you can and leave them to die as they are an infestation…
The walks in the woodlands are easy to moderate and are well signposted. ‘Leave No Trace’ please.
There are several Volunteer Days each year to look after the paths, clean the ditches, remove self-seeded Sitka spruce, invasive Rhododendron ponticum and maintain the woodlands.
The extended car park now has space for eight cars, the Red Squirrel Hide is open all year round and the new ‘Contemplation Shelter’ will be erected in April 2018.
Donations would be welcome and can be made on the http://www.cormonachan-woodlands.co.uk website page. See us on Facebook/cormonachan.